FREE LD product

FREE LD product
FREE Giraffing Out Aloud Product worth $40+ when you open a LD account

Thursday 18 April 2013

Tree in Bloom using Peacock and Pinwheels at LD


When I saw the this months sneak peek Peacock and Pinwheels at LD, I thought I would have to make a Print & Cut card with my Pazzles Inspiration.

Using my Pazzles software I made my base card by drawing a rectangle Condense 4.25" X 5.5".   I then went to my Move Point Tool and selected Rounded Corners, then put a Value of -0.5 for the radius.  I selected each of the 4 corners to give this simple effect.



In the Transformation Menu I selected Mirror - Duplicate - According to (top middle circle) - Apply.  I moved the top shape downwards slightly so there was an overlap and welded the x2 shapes to make my base card.  I also made an inline for the white printed paper.


You will notice in the above image that I have taken some of the flowers and made a black outline.  

I then made an outline/shadow of each of the flowers and used the colour menu to select the exact match.  



When you are using svg's for Print & Cut the exact colours show up in your Color Menu as you scroll down.


So, this is what my page looked like ready for Print & Cut.  Select the whole area, except the Registration Boxes along the top of the page and choose Null Pen in the Colour Menu - PRINT.

Then lay your printed page onto your cutting mat exactly. Print & Cut your elements.


Once, I cut out the flowers I adhered them to my printed card using Stix2 craft foam pads. 


I love the dimension to the card with just a selection of the flowers raised.


I printed the sentiment from the same svg set and used my punches to layer it onto the card.


I love the vibrant colours of the card.  

Wishing for more days of sunshine here in the UK, so I can see pretty blooms in my garden!

This is a great opportunity to take advantage of the  
All their "SVG" branded product is now on sale for $1!

Then, only at checkout, can you purchase Peacock and Pinwheels products at a saving of 50% before they are publicly available.


I am entering this card in to the 
Craftin Desert Diva's Craft Challenge - Peacock Colour Challenge




13 comments:

  1. wow! I love the colors on the tree!

    BIF
    dawnmercedes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this!!! This project would be perfect to link it up with us over at http://craftindesertdivas.com/.

    Robin - BIF

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute card! I love the bright colors and dimensional flowers. TFS! - from BIF

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card, love all of the fun colors. The dimension of the flowers adds a nice touch! BIF

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it! The tree is beautiful :)

    Tanya
    BIF

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome card!!! love how bright and pretty the flowers are! I have a Pazzles and never played with my software!
    BIF

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job, love the flowers popping up!
    Hugs
    BIF

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great creativity. The flowers are just great. Love it.
    BIF ~ Irene

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowwwwwwwwwwwww!!! I love it! Awesome job!
    Hugss, K
    BIF

    ReplyDelete
  10. That would be beautiful framed and hung on a wall. How cheery!!
    Darcy BIF

    ReplyDelete
  11. This tree is soooo pretty! I love the colours and the shape of the tree! So clever :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so pretty and cheery.... TFS from BIF, xo Nikki ox

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a pretty card and love the colors! Thank You for sharing.
    gloriasgoofycraftspot.blogspot.com
    Blogging it forward group.

    ReplyDelete