FREE LD product

FREE LD product
FREE Giraffing Out Aloud Product worth $40+ when you open a LD account

Monday 30 January 2012

Bug Hug canvas frame - using Bugaboo collection


I work in the Early Years (Reception) department as a Teaching Assistant in a local primary school.
 For a couple of weeks recently the whole school was inspired by a visiting children's poet called
James Carter.  

Each class in the school was required to learn a poem and the 4-5yr olds in the
Reception class learnt 'Hug Bug' as printed out on the canvas (above), using my Pazzles Inspiration with Lettering Delights graphics.
 James Carter (the poet) had an abundance of energy and was an inspiration to all the children with his wonderful poem.  

The children spent the week making bug hats which they wore when they recited the poem to their parents and the rest of the school at the Poetry Event.

It was pure joy to hear 60 children reciting 'Bug Hug'..........

Bug Hug - 1st verse

Bug Hug - 2nd verse

Bug Hug - 3rd verse
 Lettering Delights released this gorgeous Bugaboo collection last week.  So, I decided I would  print out the poem and donate it to the class so that it could be a reminder of their special day.


I purchased a cheap canvas frame and using my Pazzles software imported the graphics onto my visual mat.  I then typed out the poem using LD's Cotton Candy font.

I drew a rectangular box as the frame and used the rhinestone feature in my Pazzles Studio Pro software to transform the outline into dots which I filled with my brush and pen tool the same colour.

I printed the whole sheet out onto some Stix2 Texture Mounting Sheets.  This is adhesive backed printable paper sheets with a lovely canvas texture.  I then cut  the textured mounting sheet to fit over my canvas.  You can purchase the Texture Mounting Sheets from  Flutterby Crafts.

If you would like to listen to James Carter, the poet himself recite the poem and take a look at his book, here is the link http://www.jamescarterpoet.co.uk/listen.html  then go to the 3rd track.

******
I thought the canvas frame would also look great in a children's bedroom!

Click here to see the Bugaboo collection.
Click here to get your LD's Cotton Candy font.

5 comments:

  1. Awesome and so inspiring....very pretty sweetie I love this so much...you are such a clever girly! ;) Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I had your imagination - its brilliant as ever.....

    Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Such a great and sweet idea! :-D

    ReplyDelete