FREE LD product

FREE LD product
FREE Giraffing Out Aloud Product worth $40+ when you open a LD account

Wednesday 22 July 2015

Teacher Gifts - Recycled Tin Cans

ilove2cutpaper

Those of you that regularly follow my blog, know that I am a Teaching Assistant at a local Primary School here in the UK.  All my 3 children have been at the same school and today was the last day my 3rd child attended before joining his elder brother and sister at Secondary School.

I work in the Reception classes at the Primary School with an amazing team of Teaching Assistants and Teachers.  Sadly, in September, some of the staff are being relocated to other year groups and our youngest TA is moving onto Teacher Training college.

So, I decided to give a leaving gift to 5 members of staff that are moving on.  It was a last minute decision that I decided to paint and decorate my tin cans!  Would have been better to give myself at least a week rather than several hours last night at the 11th hour!  Sometimes, inspiration comes to me when under pressure!!!

ilove2cutpaper

I cleaned and removed the glue from my tins cans.  I then applied several coats of Americana Chalk paint (for glass) and then applied a layer of Americana Decor ultra-matte varnish inspired by a
local shop The Mulberry Bush.

ilove2cutpaper

I added several layers of coordinating ribbons around the can and added a paper flower using my hot glue gun.  I printed my sentiment onto Kraft card and created my banner tag.

ilove2cutpaper

I finally filled my recycled tin cans with a few flowers.  These are my 1st attempt at decorated tin cans and I am so pleased with the result.  

Best get my thinking cap on for Christmas, as the remaining staff are looking forward to their Christmas gifts!!!

Now looking forward to six weeks of quality time with my children.

Joanna xx


2 comments:

  1. This is such a great gift idea Joanna! Perfect for Teachers or however.... Also a great way to recycle items!!! :)

    Theresa
    Scrappers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these! This would be such a fun addition to a country style event…….logging this idea away for the future!

    ReplyDelete