FREE LD product

FREE LD product
FREE Giraffing Out Aloud Product worth $40+ when you open a LD account

Sunday 11 December 2011

How to make a SHAPED Penguin Card


I love making shaped cards, that's one of the reasons I wanted an electronic die cutting machine.  I have made a short tutorial below to help those of you who would like to have a go.


If you want a quick, cute, shaped card to make using your Pazzles Inspiration there are lots you could make from the gorgeous Eskimo Kisses SVG and the Basic Snowflakes SVG.

Both sets on SALE for $4.00 at Lettering Delights.
Offer ends Monday, December 12th at midnight, MST.



I have done a few screen shots below to get you started and on the road to making shaped cards.

If you have a Pazzles Inspiration or similar electronic die cutting machine just import the SVG file into your software.  Then UNGROUP all the layers and place them on your visual mat.

m
To make the shaped card just SELECT the base layer penguin. 

SELECT 'M' as a shortcut key to open MIRROR on your TRANSFORMATION MENU

Select ACCORDING TO button (top middle)

DUPLICATE
APPLY
DESELECT then SELECT top penguin
MOVE the top penguin so that it overlaps the other penguin with the DOWN ARROW then SELECT both penguins. 

DESELECT then SELECT both Penguins.
Select WELD ICON

Your penguins should be WELDED!

Your mat should look something like this ready to CUT.
 Then place your cardstock on your mat and cut.  Assemble all your pieces.



Remember the googly eyes!




for one low price $4.00 

Offer ends Monday, December 12th at midnight, MST.

This is the way I make my shaped cards.  I am sure there are other ways "but it works for me".
I would love to know if you found my tutorial helpful.

Challenges :

Polka Doodles - Quick Christmas Card
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges - Merry Christmas
Karens Doodles Challenge - Clean and Simple
My Craft Spot - Shaped Christmas Card

8 comments:

  1. Joanna so adorable great lesson on how to create the card thanks for sharing that. Hope you will find time to join my challenge this week. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous job Joanna. I do love the penguin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Joanna love your penguin card and your instructions are very easy to follow

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful !!!!! Great project. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great tutorial Joanna! I like tutorials with lots of visuals. You have inspired me on so many occasions and now I'm even more thankful for your tutorials. Keep up the great work! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. such an adorable card! ...Thanks for joining us at polka Doodles this week...Nelly x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable and a great shaped card. Thank you for joining us at Karen's Doodles this time and good luck.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. How adorable is this! Thanks for joining us at My Craft Spot!

    Aymee

    ReplyDelete